CES - Spring 2021 Events.pdf
- CLICK HERE to hear our truly important Black Lives Matter in Europe event, which took place on 11/19/2020.
- Gubad Ibadoghlu will remain with us this year as a CES Senior Visiting Scholar. A world-renowned political economist, Prof. Ibadoghlu is senior policy analyst for social and economic studies at Azerbaijan’s Economic Research Center. His research focuses on the critically important politics and economics of natural resources. He has organized an exciting workshop on "Post-Soviet Spaces: Conflagrations and Integrations," which will take place on Feb. 23rd, at 10 AM.
- Selin Bengi Gümrükçü has joined us as our AY 2020-21 CES Postdoctoral Scholar. Prof. Gümrükçü is a rising expert in the theory and practice of social movements, democracy, and authoritarianism, a particularly timely focus in the present. See an interview with Prof. Gümrükçü at Jaddiya, Scholars in Context, and look out for her as part of the panel "Academics Under Attack: Britain, France, Hungary, Russia," on March 4th, at 10 AM EST.
- CES is delighted to continue its collaboration with Ideas & Futures on a series of events this AY. Join us for co-sponsored workshop Racialization in Europe: Parallels and Solidarities, on Wed., March 24th, at 11 AM EST; and also panel Contagion/Contact Zones/Untouchability, on Wed., April 7th.
- CES is working with other area studies centers on a panel on Climate and Health, the first in a series across the next years; keep an eye on our calendar for further details--or join our mailing list, if you're not already on it!
- Resources and Outreach -- Grants